A terrarium is a mini-indoor garden in a glass container. Terrariums can be planted with many different types of greenery; this class will focus on herbaceous and succulent plants. This class offers all of the instruction and (almost all) of the material you'll need to create and finish your terrarium - the only thing you need to bring is a glass container to plant in.
Looking for inspiration? Check our idea board here.
- A variety of herbaceous and succulent plants
- Soil and all materials needed for drainage
- Tools for planting
- Instruction and guidance
- A clear glass vessel with or without a lid, quart sized or larger. Ideas: mason jar, vase, fishbowl, coffee pot, cookie jar, etc.
- Figurines, stones, shells or trinkets you might want to place in your terrarium (optional)
$25 members | $30 non-members
TICKET SALES HAVE ENDED FOR THIS EVENT.
Photo credit: Jenni Johnson
We green-light activities that are at least 50% enrolled by 72 hours prior to the start day/time, at which point we purchase materials and confirm with our instructors. If an activity does not meet the minimum enrollment by that time, we will refund the entrance fee of anyone who has signed up, then remove the activity from our events calendar.
The Hive has a 72 hour cancellation policy, meaning that you must cancel your reservation at least 72 hours prior to the start time in order to receive a refund, no exceptions. Please email The Hive directly in order to request a refund: email@example.com
Most activities at The Hive are appropriate for adults and young people aged 12 and older. Participants age 12-14 should plan to attend with an accompanying adult. If both the adult and young person want to make their own project, both people should sign up and pay the entrance fee; if only one project will be made, only one person needs to sign up and pay the fee.
Although The Hive is no longer a member-based organization, we still honor previously purchased memberships by offering discounts on our activities. You are a member of The Hive if one of the following circumstances applies:
- You directly purchased a membership on our website
- You supported our Fall 2014 crowd-funding campaign at any level
- You purchased a Dealsaver coupon for The Hive
- You participated in our May 2015 free membership promotion